Automotive Solar Windows
The Future for Automotive
TSI’s innovative transparent CdTe technology brings energy generation to Automotive Glass for the first time.
- Transparent to visible light – tunable from ~6% to 80% transparency.
- Proprietary methods that create the most powerful transparent solar glass in the world.
- Curved glass construction capabilities matching the curvature of the automobile design.
- DC voltage output integrates seamlessly into the onboard electrical systems with all components hidden within the design envelope.
- Sunroofs are already tinted; TSI technology puts glass tinting to work generating electricity while reducing solar heat load:
- Power a circulating fan to cool the interior while parked, or
- Charge the battery to improve the range of PHEV and EV, or
- Access credits for on-board PV through new CAFÉ standards in the U.S., and to access eco-innovation credits for light vehicles in EU Regulation No. 443/2009
PV sunroof generates power while parked.
- Semitransparent solar power generation enhances visibility and interior lighting while powering accessories and battery charging.
- Variable Tinting from ~5%-50% transparency.
- CAFÉ credits and EU clean transportation credits.
- 120Wp of power per m2 (per 10 sq.ft.)
- Laminated or tempered glass.
- Improves comfort.
- Reduces solar glare on driver.
- Reduces solar heating.
- Power for electronics, battery charging, and AC.